When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

35 schwinn double diamond bmx bomber.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Recieved the brakes today. Brake handles get here Friday. Went with the red chrome cables. Had to order brake cable ferrules just now. Think I'm going to go shopping for fat tires for it.

DiaCompeMX1000silver_zpsaa8e5a3d.jpg

$_57 (2).jpeg

$_1 (2).jpeg

Reactions: JLF
LOTS of bits and pieces to get when doing a custom build. As long as it is from the comfort (and safety) of your own home.
Maybe when things get back to normal take it for a nice ride!

I'm using a caliper brake. I've got a friend who builds frames who can weld in a brake bridge for me. Something heavy enough for a caliper mount. Small minor modification. And being there's no original paint on the frame. I don't feel to bad about modifying it.

Keep posting about this build. I just acquired a double diamond frame. I'm trying to figure out my build now. I've got rider polished Araya 7x, Araya steel, and NOS FEMCO rims I can use. I also have some Rhyno lites I could use. I'm certain the rear Hub/brake is going to be a Bendix Red Band or Bendix 86. I'm a little less certain about the front hub. Could be Sunshine, Schwinn or something else.

I've got nice Tioga Task Force cranks, multiple SR tubular cranks and I'm considering splurging on either some CBR cranks or a stamped set of Ashtabulas.

I have multiple old double clamp stems (Winn, SR, Huffy, Mijon) and I am considering a True Torch. I'm also waiting to hear from J&D Racing on if they can come up with one. Though if I get that one I may use it on my S&M COVID cruiser that I haven't built up yet.

I'll likely use a Brooks or Wrights saddle that I already have, though I'm looking for a nice mattress seat too.

I'm sure I'll use some rat trap pedals that I already have. I've got some NOS HTI, Track Certified, and Windfield rat traps and a set of Windfields that have black pedal bodies with anodized red cages like old KKT Lightning pedals.

I've got multiple S&M and SE handle bars that haven't been mounted yet. I tried to find some Inter-am solid aluminum handlebars but they're really expensive when you do find 'em.

No idea what I'll do about the fork yet. I rode a DG as a kid. I loved that bike and everyone else did too as it was stolen multiple times. Each time the police tracked it down the insurance on the bike allowed me to build it nicer than the time before. When I first got it used from Bicycle Harbor in Mesa, AZ it had a stamped Ashtabula fork, stamped crank and stem. When I rebuilt it after that it had UKAIs, Maxy Cross cranks, v-bars and a Tange fork. Frame and fork were chrome, but everything else was red or blue anodized (I love red anodized bits). I may modify a fork to look like an old school Ashtabula fork.

Other bits I have that I'll likely use include NOS Campy quick flip MTB seat collar bolt and skin wall snake belly tires, Sugino spider and bolts, MCS 41t chainring.

I bought the double diamond frame because I read Cooks Bros based its 3-bar cruiser off that frame. So this bike is a bit of a tribute to those bikes.

Nearly every bike I own is black. I'm thinking of painting this one either red or white using some of Eastwood's 2k products (prime, base and clear).

Sorry I don't have a better picture of the DG right now. When I clean out my parents storage units I'm sure I'll find better pics.

1935SchwinnDoubleDiamond.jpeg

Above: The F/F etc I just bought.
DoubleClampSlant.jpg

Above: This is not my stem, but I have one just like this.
StemOldSchoolSR.jpg

Above: This is my SR stem.
DGog.jpg

Above: DG in the background. Circa '84. I miss having hair.
OldSchoolStems.jpg

Above: Two more stems I have. The Mijon is mounted on a '49 Schwinn panther right now. I only have one of the OG Mijon caps so these are ACS.

Last edited:
Back