When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

80's KHS

-
First time I have seen a metal KHS head badge. Nice.
Knowledge, Health & Strength!
on Ebay now!

A little more cleaning and took it out for a ride and discovered something different!, has a SunTour Coaster brake just like the other one here so figured someone added the MX brakes, well jumped on to ride and realized it's got a freewheel cog on it so coaster brake does nothing ( hand brakes need new cables so not much stopping power ), though most coaster gears were held on by a ring clip so not sure how the freewheel is on there?, maybe I'll take it apart for more cleaning and take a look!.

Some info

Reactions: mrg
Hate to say it but in my youth it wasn’t a bike trail yet so we had to ride in the bottom and run from the flood control workers & police all the way down to Seal Beach or up to Whitter Narrows! Pics are in Lakewood, @Arthur Roy Brown, what city did you live?

I was in Cypress, usually dodging the same people from Coyote Creek and down to the beach on the OC side of the whole thing. I fished at El Dorado a bunch BITD too. Tied the fishing pole to the Sting Ray and pedaled up Ball/Wardlow to the park. I even rode to The Keyhole in my teens on occasion when it was dry in my corner of OC.

Back