When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycles as medicine/ therapy

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

4scuda

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
I am sure we all know the health benefits of riding bikes but I just want touch on the hobby and keeping yourself busy and enjoying yourself. Several years ago now I was giving a bad cancer disgnosis/ prognosis. I had always had a collection of bikes and ones I bought and dold. Given me perceived time frame I decided I must clear the bikes out so my wife would not have to deal with them and it shave me funds to travel to my bucket list destinations. I got down to just one bike. As time went by I started feeling a little bit more optimistic and opportunity presented itself I started buying and selling. I travelled a good bit picking up bikes and met some nice folks and did a lot more than anyone thought I would be able to do. It kept me busy and occupied. Unfortunately I went a couple big purchases too far and my health has deteriorated to the point I am in hospice and have no mobility and I have a pretty big inventory I don’t want to leave my wife so I’ll hopefully be able to enlist some help from relatives to market the pile. Luckily I am even on funds so whatever I get wil be a plus. I’ll be listing things shortly. But I just wanted to take time to thank my fellow cabers for answering questions, buying some items, and generally being nice to deal with.

AE800514-A8C5-46AB-A021-C4FCD6CECE07.jpeg

F652048D-33BB-4BA6-80B6-394AC2ABE10F.jpeg

AC7D27EC-32FE-4BE0-9DA4-39FFDCF64F45.jpeg

0CB08D9E-CD9A-4A59-85D9-E48456DDC609.jpeg

1A1614B6-F4CD-479C-8F11-996A4EDE24BE.jpeg

Mark, I'm sorry to hear this. I know we've never met in person, but those that know you have always spoken highly of you. I hope the bicycles you have can help keep your mind clear of anything else. I live pretty close and I have family in your area, if I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to reach out. Be well!

Mark, I am very sorry to hear about your deteriorating physical condition.
Cycling has definitely been a life saver for me, but I know, there will come a time, when all the bikes and stuff will have to be recirculated back into society, and letting go of it, is just the way it is.
You already have a heathy outlook on it, by not needing to squeeze every dime out of it.
If you have a willing buyer who’s enthusiastic, and a seems to be a good steward of the item, then that is value enough.
You’ll be able to rest easy, knowing that the wheel still turns for a new generation of Classic and Antique Bicycle Enthusiasts.

I have met many good friends from collecting bicycles. The time spent with them, and the memories made have truly enriched my life. I'm sure over the years you have also made good friends and memories. That is the true value of hobbies.

I am sure we all know the health benefits of riding bikes but I just want touch on the hobby and keeping yourself busy and enjoying yourself. Several years ago now I was giving a bad cancer disgnosis/ prognosis. I had always had a collection of bikes and ones I bought and dold. Given me perceived time frame I decided I must clear the bikes out so my wife would not have to deal with them and it shave me funds to travel to my bucket list destinations. I got down to just one bike. As time went by I started feeling a little bit more optimistic and opportunity presented itself I started buying and selling. I travelled a good bit picking up bikes and met some nice folks and did a lot more than anyone thought I would be able to do. It kept me busy and occupied. Unfortunately I went a couple big purchases too far and my health has deteriorated to the point I am in hospice and have no mobility and I have a pretty big inventory I don’t want to leave my wife so I’ll hopefully be able to enlist some help from relatives to market the pile. Luckily I am even on funds so whatever I get wil be a plus. I’ll be listing things shortly. But I just wanted to take time to thank my fellow cabers for answering questions, buying some items, and generally being nice to deal with.

View attachment 1949313

View attachment 1949314

View attachment 1949315

View attachment 1949319

View attachment 1949320
I bought that 1936 Schwinn from you several months ago. I can't tell you how much joy I have gotten from getting it back on the road. I think I must have gotten some good vibes from you. My CT yesterday looked good. I hope you feel better soon. God Bless you. Kit

Last edited:
Back