When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clearcoating over original weathered patina paint pros and cons.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
For the restoration on that piece, I was thinking mop and Glo. Maybe two or three coats?
We took a flat razor blade to the roof of my dads truck that had burnt out clear on it to get the flaky dead clear off, then clear coated it. It didn’t bring it back completely but it made it a whole lot better and a lot less noticeable. The main color difference is from the base coat sitting outside fading for so long before we got it. I wish I had complete before and after pics of the truck, but needless to say it really cleaned it up look wise from any distance. 15 foot you don’t notice it at all, and at 5 feet only if you look for it. This was just a test spot before we did it all.

DCE15969-DAD9-43EA-BD82-A250CF29E12B.jpeg

Has anyone used a better product than wd40? Like Justin bros 80. The blo is great but don’t forget the mineral spirits The ms thins it out so nothing gums up and gives a more even coat. The clear coat on a hood is a issue. I’ve tried quick methods and this n that and even thought wizards rubbing compound has to work but the paint is so thin. It comes down to how much work n money are you willing to dish out. Racing strip? Flat black turbo 4cyl? Cowl injection time hehe

Back