When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland Welding Wednesday

-

I agree,
Same here.
Some questions I have about it, are when did they actually start using them on the bikes, and did they originally apply them to the rear fender, or on the seat tube?
The 38 model catalog was adamant about looking for the Master Weld decal on the seat tube of the new Master Weld models, but I have yet to see an original 38 model with one of these decals on the seat tube.
I’ve also wondered about the color scheme of the decal.
The prewar catalog shows it with the yellow surround, and red interior, but the decals that are currently available on the market, are just the opposite, with a red surround and a yellow interior.
What gives?
Any thoughts on this subject?
This decal is so cool, that it’s worth going with, regardless of what is actually correct.
But with that said, it would be nice to know if there was a prewar/postwar difference, and if they ever actually used them on the 1938 model bikes.
What say you?

Last edited:
Here's my 38 Standard on the seat tube

And my 38 Supreme on the fender.

Clear as mud now?
I agree,
Same here.
Some questions I have about it, are when did they actually start using them on the bikes, and did they originally apply them to the rear fender, or on the seat tube?
The 38 model catalog was adamant about looking for the Master Weld decal on the seat tube of the new Master Weld models, but I have yet to see an original 38 model with one of these decals on the seat tube.
The prewar catalog shows it with the yellow surround, and red interior, but the decals that are currently available on the market, are just the opposite, with a red surround and a yellow interior.
What gives?
This decal is so cool, that it’s worth going with, regardless of what is actually correct.
But with that said, it would be nice to know if there was a prewar/postwar difference, and if they ever actually used them on the 1938 model bikes.
What say you?

I agree,
Same here.
What gives?
What say you?
Great questions. I often look for the decal on prewar bikes on the forum but rarely see it. I’m definitely not qualified to answer your questions. I have only ever seen the decal on post war bikes. @Krakatoa, @szathmarig or @Freqman1 would probably know.

My bike is far from correct so i wouldn’t care if it is correct and I came close to applying it to the seat mast but on the white frame it didn’t look right. I’m thinking of putting it on the rear fender.

Last edited:
Back