eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

deepsouth

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jan 15, 2017
Monroe, Ga
I recently acquired a 1951 B6. It's in need of a complete makeover . I have always liked the cobalt blue and ivory color combination .Doing research, it seems there are variations of the color. Which would be correct for this bike. I've included some photos of the various shades. Did this color change over the years?
Schwinn 001.jpg
IMG_0842.jpg
1941schwinnlw9.jpg
473.JPG
bike_cobalt.jpg

Reactions: John G04

Autocycleplane

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 6, 2010
NorCal, United States
That would be a shame to repaint that B6 in my opinion. Plenty of worse examples out there to restroy, that one would clean up well for an aficionado of originality.

But it's your bike of course, so doing what makes you happy with your own stuff goes without saying. Maybe ping @bobcycles directly, the color did change a bit over the years.

EDIT - I misread, not your bike pictured at the top. Sorry to preach unnecessarily.

Last edited:

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
Mar 4, 2012
East Los
That would be a shame to repaint that B6 in my opinion. Plenty of worse examples out there to restroy, that one would clean up well for an aficionado of originality.

But it's your bike of course, so doing what makes you happy with your own stuff goes without saying. Maybe ping @bobcycles directly, the color did change a bit over the years.
I was thinking the same thing....But I believe it's a sample pic of a bike in Cobalt Blue, not the actual bike he's planning to repaint...I hope.

Autocycleplane

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 6, 2010
NorCal, United States
I was thinking the same thing....But I believe it's a sample pic of a bike in Cobalt Blue, not the actual bike he's planning to repaint...I hope.
Ah yes I see now, me dumb.

He should still ping Bob for the answer though, some of those pics are his handiwork.

Reactions: fordmike65
This ad goes away when you register for an account!