When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Serial numbers gets weird after around 41. I’m a bit rusty after 41. It does have 40-41 characteristics with rear facing drops 1/2 chain ring.
A girls 49 I believe it was, I haven’t had this in over 10 yrs. postwar drop out but very close to a early 40s in ways. The Clipper guard with blister tank, 1/2 inch chainring, and top loader delta torpedo; boys had the same parts.

B373D565-868B-45A4-9300-1CC5BA55A66B.jpeg

Not sure if anybody has totally figured out the Colson ser. #'s but a F at the other end usually means Firestone, don't think they made that style frame in 37 and forward facing dropouts didn't show up on Colson's till a couple years after the war. As far as skiptooth they used both but all higher end 40's ( Clipper, Bullnose etc. ) had 1/2 inch, a lot of the non tank models still had 1 inch.

Last edited:
Sweet. The bike that that stem needs is about as rare as the stem itself. I use to have six of of them, and four bikes were accounted for:) 3 Imperials 38, 39 and 41 two were grill tanks and a 37, a 37 Commander, 5 sets of Colson gothic guards, 7 slat racks. Sorry I can’t help you now, all gone. .
Going to try and build something around this.

View attachment 1280594
The bike that needs that is about as rare as the stem itself.
Going to try and build something around this.

View attachment 1280594

C00D2921-96E3-4F39-880E-C29C0CF49596.jpeg

I'll bite... what bike did it come on?
If you’re referring to me and not carfish, if I remember right these three stems were picked up for projects I had. The others were on a Commander and two Imperials. Bragging a little in a modest way. Ot was some way cool stuff and it all found appropriate homes.

If you’re referring to me and not carfish, if I remember right these three stems were picked up for projects I had. The others were on a Commander and two Imperials. Bragging a little in a modest way. Ot was some way cool stuff and it all found appropriate homes.
Cool. Just wasn't sure what model came with that stem.

Commanders and Imperials, and the tankless 1937 double bar and it had aluminum fenders and a long stem, I do not believe a rack came with that model; I had that frame and guards for it the same time my 37 Commander and Imperial were in my possession; I wanted all to be built and sitting next to each other:). I added a stem to my 39 Imperial, wasn’t necessarily offered but it was used in 39 on the 39 Commander that I doesn’t exist in circulation in the hobby, not a real one:).
Cool. Just wasn't sure what model came with that stem.

Back