When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson World's Fair Stroller

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I bought this at Monroe from Paul Kleppert and the sign he had on it said "World's Fair" stroller. I've seen others like this referred to like this as well. Were these actually used at the World's Fair, introduced there, or??? Anyone have any documentation on these? I just couldn't resist this one even though I knew Pete @onecatahula was going to tease me about another stroller! @fordmike65 anything on these? Thanks

IMG_6364.JPG

IMG_6366.JPG

IMG_6444.JPG

IMG_6445.JPG

I've got about 25 strollers myself, so I'd never tease you about owning some. Never saw this one before. My guess is that these were maybe rental strollers for attendees of the World's Fair. Looks like they were made to compete with the Taylor Tot strollers.

Dave
After the 39 - 40 fair was over the new York Zoological society inherited many things from the NYWF - park benches the tram these strollers - we used thes at the Bronx zoo till the mid 1960s 25 cents a day rental - quite a few went home with people - my garage sale crew in the Bronx send me photos of them at estate sales all the time- all in really bad shape - I found this when we were cleaning out the coal bin in the lion house 30 years ago- got permission to take it and that is that

20240514_073719.jpg

20240514_073819.jpg

20240514_074133.jpg

After the 39 - 40 fair was over the new York Zoological society inherited many things from the NYWF - park benches the tram these strollers - we used thes at the Bronx zoo till the mid 1960s 25 cents a day rental - quite a few went home with people - my garage sale crew in the Bronx send me photos of them at estate sales all the time- all in really bad shape - I found this when we were cleaning out the coal bin in the lion house 30 years ago- got permission to take it and that is that

View attachment 2040322

View attachment 2040323

View attachment 2040324
Thanks for the pics and the info!

Back