When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comet Cycle Co., Toronto, 1896

-
The original badge is under the badge . It is a very close copy as I took it off the cabinet card. I should know as it was my bike. Brian I will try and get you a picture of another Comet that was mine and is in Denmark now. A friend there has it, same year but different seat post. Also wood bars

The original badge is under the badge . It is a very close copy as I took it off the cabinet card. I should know as it was my bike. Brian I will try and get you a picture of another Comet that was mine and is in Denmark now. A friend there has it, same year but different seat post. Also wood bars

Yes I know David, just saying .... it's still a reproduction!
BTW, who did it for you? How long ago was it? Was it a water-decal?

Did you have the original hubs for this Comet? or just those replacement wheels?
Max

Hi Max The head badge decal is not a water Decal. But it worked for me never said it was a original. Had that made about 18 years ago. Front hub is original. Rear is early first year Morrow coaster. I like to ride them so much nicer to ride in traffic and safer.

So sweet a ride, tall frames are tight man, ride it, enjoy it, feel it, HAPPINESS!!!!

This is my other Comet i had. This bike is in Denmark now and has been for about 9 years. The picture was taken in my back yard. These are the only Comets
Comet cyklen   2 dage senere.JPG

like this that I know of. This is the fellow that has it now.

No there was no paint at all left on this Comet . Also pedals and wheels where missing. Wood bars where there as shown. Ever thing else was the same as other Comet.

Back