When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craigslist Buyers....... "Eager Time Wasters, Who Do Not Follow Though".

-

MarkKBike

Finally riding a big boys bike
I thought I had a good a plan, but in the last three days I have set up three appointments with three different people, and not even one of them showed up or even notified me they were not planning to come.

"Meet at a off sight location, set a time, have very clear photos and descriptions" If they are late, send a very polite text, and after no response call a few minutes later, then wait 15 additional minutes for a reply, if none comes back leave.

Why are so many people today such wimps, most sellers would understand if plans change, or a better deal was found. But the jerks who just leave people hanging are self absorbed idiots.

I had a really good run for a while with many responicble adults, but when things like this happen, they always seems to come in groups. I sometimes wonder if its a cleverly planned attack process to try and get a lower price.

Hopefully the new trend in this pattern stops soon.

Last edited:
either post parts in forums like this one or ratrods or ebay, or take the time to go to the swapmeet. For sellers CL is mostly a waste and honeyhole for scammers and flakes.

Last edited:
I use it to my advantage when buying I always say something like " don't worry I am not the usual CL flake who says they want it and you never hear from again""

Someone said something similar to me about a week or two ago in a email reply but not with those same words, and sure enough I did select him first even though he was the third person who replied. He was chosen both on that and also because he said he just lives 5 minutes away. The guy also followed though with his word. I usually like to get in and out of a sale quickly, but do to similar interests in the item sold we had a nice plesant 45 minute conversation.

Last edited:
Back