When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CWC barn find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

LarrE345

On Training Wheels
Every time I went to visit my aunt and uncle on their farm in Minnesota I would mention that I really wanted to get the 2 old bikes they had stored in the old grainery. Well, this year I finally had a vehicle to bring them back to California. I've been researching my uncle's bike as I've started the teardown and it seems to be a May-Aug '47 CWC (ID C21285) that was rebadged by National Cooperatives, Inc. The badge is really rough but someone seems to have made a few replicas so I'll be able to proudly display the bike's agricultural roots. I originally thought I would just make it road worthy and preserve the patina but after I turned it upside down I discovered that it used to be maroon. So now I'm leaning towards a restoration as close to original as possible. Of course that means I need to find another example to see what it might have had as a two-tone. As a newby to the hobby I have a couple of questions.
1. What's the thread spool on the handlebar for?
2. What would be a ballpark value on the bike before and after restoraton?

PXL_20230830_190053131.jpg

PXL_20230830_190019439.jpg

NationalCo-OpBadge.jpg

Hello @LarrE345 and welcome.

Here is a recently sold version of your bike. I'm not sure that the different headbadge is going to change the value.

'fully restored' means many things. A good clean up, lube, fresh tyres and, if the original paint is under there, stripping back to it would help the value up towards that of the bike above.

A full repaint etc. may even reduce the value, surprising as it seems.

It depends if you have it to sell on, in which case clean and sell, or if you want it for yourself, then the price might not be a factor.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Welcome from Oregon. That spool may have been a budget "brodie" knob.

Back