When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold DoND: 1880s Ordinary/high wheeler leather suspension saddle and spring

-
Shipping
$24
Zipcode

lgrinnings

I live for the CABE
Deal or No Deal.

Presented here for auction is an 1880s ordinary/high-wheeler/penny farthing leather suspension saddle and spring. Having done a little research, I found a like saddle chassis attributed to Rudge although it was suggested that the saddle was made uniquely for racing and wasn't brand-specific. Saddle dimensions are 9" wide by 11" long (cantle to adjuster tip). While the saddle nose is missing, the leather is supple and moves nicely with both the outer cover and sub-layer in great original shape. The chassis is straight and solid and retains most of its original black paint. The saddle spring is 14.25" long and retains very little of its original nickel finish. Markings on the spring underside include some marks with a number "2" a serial number(?) "18220" and what looks like a maker mark that features an intertwined "S" and "L" within a triangle. There is a slightly filed area on the underside of the spring base. I can't imagine there are a lot of these original saddles floating around so don't miss out. Thank you for your interest and good luck.

Offer plus $24 shipping in the US. Payment via PayPal family and friends is preferred.

Please review pictures closely and message me if interested or with questions.

-Lester

Back