When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grip questions?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I just scored a set of brown sparkle cushion grips and a set of chubby green.
That sounds like the only bike that I know they're original on. I think the gold pin stripes were in the 70s though, right? I think I know where a pair of his and hers bone stock black Suburbans are if the guy still has them.
So can I assume that the black sparkle grips were not original to the '67 Panther and '68 Typhoon? The more I learn the more I see anything is possible when ti comes to old Schwinn bikes.It appears as though the motto was " Get then out the door any way you can, get them too the dealers, let the fools try to figure it out 60 years later "haha

I think that's safe to assume, but I certainly wouldn't complain about buying a bike with them on it. My 66 Typhoon had solid back chubbies, can't say I've owned any 60s Panthers, but don't remember seeing any different grips on them.
I just scored a set of brown sparkle cushion grips and a set of chubby green.

So can I assume that the black sparkle grips were not original to the '67 Panther and '68 Typhoon? The more I learn the more I see anything is possible when ti comes to old Schwinn bikes.It appears as though the motto was " Get then out the door any way you can, get them too the dealers, let the fools try to figure it out 60 years later "haha

I think that's safe to assume, but I certainly wouldn't complain about buying a bike with them on it. My 66 Typhoon had solid back chubbies, can't say I've owned any 60s Panthers, but don't remember seeing any different grips on them.
Yes I was quite happy with the slim lines and was psyched when I found the chubby set. The Panther had a few dealer add on's. The gold seemed odd as nothing else on either bike was. I have lots of sets of black for sure.

Yes I was quite happy with the slim lines and was psyched when I found the chubby set. The Panther had a few dealer add on's. The gold seemed odd as nothing else on either bike was. I have lots of sets of black for sure.
They are a rare find... Here's a photo, a pair of Chubby Black glitter grips and the ever so hard to find Black glitter brake lever covers with matching streamers.

IMG_0048.JPG

Back