When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Handle bar creation

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ed Minas

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Has anyone created their own handle bars? If so what material do you use and how did you bend the tubing? Thank you

Last edited:
I have been holding onto this idea since the late 70's. At this point I'm willing to share a pic to get the idea going.

Screenshot_20231121-161208.png
I used a vintage chair similar to these+ upon splitting the legs where they were joined, discovered it was able to be joined And clamped into the neck of old Schwinn. Similar to tall stingray bars in height but instead of flare where grips would be chrome bars once again attached at top forming a chrome rectangle. Although I hand painted Phase III on top bar to emulate the Motion equipped supercars of the day, it was all for naught. To my credit I placed my creation in back yard in a. Spot that I could look down and admire my work. Where I failed was in not locking it up. So that the sun rose not on chrome plated tubing but on the empty spot bike had formally occupied.

I have been holding onto this idea since the late 70's. At this point I'm willing to share a pic to get the idea going.

View attachment 1941849I used a vintage chair similar to these+ upon splitting the legs where they were joined, discovered it was able to be joined And clamped into the neck of old Schwinn. Similar to tall stingray bars in height but instead of flare where grips would be chrome bars once again attached at top forming a chrome rectangle. Although I hand painted Phase III on top bar to emulate the Motion equipped supercars of the day, it was all for naught. To my credit I placed my creation in back yard in a. Spot that I could look down and admire my work. Where I failed was in not locking it up. So that the sun rose not on chrome plated tubing but on the empty spot bike had formally occupied.
Thank you, That looks like a great project

Extremely cool. Two awesome machines!!! Where did you find the brass controls and cable covers?
Thanks for sure.... cool brass levers are vintage repro Royal Enfieild motor cycle from India... cloth cable covers were also sourced out of Europe on eBay.... brass gear lever also vintage RE repro timing advance/ret out of India...works perfect with Sturmey Archer 3 spd. This photo is of another set on a Monark rat that I built.....what am I saying, they're all 'rats'.

20231125_220808.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sure.... cool brass levers are vintage repro Royal Enfieild motor cycle from India... cloth cable covers were also sourced out of Europe on eBay.... brass gear lever also vintage RE repro timing advance/ret out of India...works perfect with Sturmey Archer 3 spd. This photo is of another set on a Monark rat that I built.....what am I saying, they're all 'rats'.

View attachment 1944080
Wow thanks. You are creating some stunning machines!

google tubing bender

here's an example

Thanks for that.... I filled that tube/bar with fine sand packed down hard and carefully bent it over a 15in. tire. Be easy to kink that way....I got lucky!

Back