When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

has there ever been

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I agree. I think the rationing started right away.
My Cycletruck has a 41 serial # beginning with the letter H and it has black out parts throughout. I also have a Schwinn B model that has an H prefix and it has painted fender braces, rims and trussrods.
I've seen original blackout hubs that were painted over original chrome, so I think some of it was done just for appearance.

That's The first time I have heard of a blacked out 41 CT. It would be possible the crank was changed on mine. You can see in the "before" photo of my CT that it had a blacked out Coffin chain ring indicating the crank had been removed at some point in its life.

e16d4fec59702c130638e2dae8dd528d_zpsb95a-1.jpg

The Load Ranger

My Mead Ranger Cycle Truck. 1940 I believe.

Attachments

• IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 155
Here is my pic of our Cycletruck ride from the day after Thanksgiving 2013 ....

The pictures turned out killer with the planks on the Santa Monica pier making the pics that much better ... Happy Thanksgiving everyone .. Frank

Thanksgiving 2013 Cycletruck Day 1.jpg

Thanksgiving 2013 Cycletruck Day 2.jpg

Thanksgiving 2013 Cycletruck Day 2.jpg

Thanksgiving 2013 Cycletruck Day 1.jpg

cycetruck

if the production run for 1941 ends in nov. how did 1941 bikes end up with black out parts when we hadn't gone to war till Dec. and rationing hadn't started

The answer is .......

if the production run for 1941 ends in nov. how did 1941 bikes end up with black out parts when we hadn't gone to war till Dec. and rationing hadn't started

Surplus ... built up with what was available at that time ... build it up & move surplus inventory ...

I see most of you live in warmer climates... I have about seven or eight Schwinn cycle trucks, a couple are tall frames, and a couple Roadmasters too. but the weather here is cold and snowy and mine are all tucked away in the basement and spear bedroom for the winter... i'll have to post mine at a later date... John

Last edited:
rustystone2112

cycetruck

Surplus ... built up with what was available at that time ... build it up & move surplus inventory ...

What we have here...................................Is a misunderstanding of some sort. :) Using up inventory that was not even produced yet? :confused:

39 cycle truck

Do you know the year on yours? Do you know the letter of the serial # used in 39,40 and 41

Mine starts with a letter C and I was told it was a 39 from a previous owner. I'll have to take it down from where I have it hanging to take a picture and post it. Is there going to be a cycle truck ride in Santa Monica the day after thanksgiving this year? Leo.

Back