When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Stingray Pixie Convertible Bar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

VairKing

On Training Wheels
Hello! This is my first post although I have been lurking for years, this site has been a tremendous help with my various Schwinn rebuilds. Thanks for all that info! I have a situation here that I can't seem to find an answer. I am mechanically restoring this 1970 Pixie Stingray for my 5yo son (don't worry the red wheels are now gone) , and I bought this convertible bar off eBay. It is 15.5" from hole center to hole center, which seems to be the correct bar for both the Stingray Pixie and the regular Pixie from what research I have done. I think the Stingray Pixie and regular Pixie are the same frame just different seat and handlebars? That is what they look like in pictures. Maybe someone can verify that.

My issue is that this bar is about 2.5" too long to fit my frame. I figured I just had the wrong bar, but I don't see any other shorter options available. Could it be that my frame is bent (maybe from an adult rider?) It seems like it will take a lot of force to bend it back that much if that is what it needs. Wondering if anyone has a Stingray Pixie and can measure the distance from seat post to fork, that might help. Thanks!

sting1.jpg

sting2.jpg

sting3.jpg

sting4.jpg

Hello! This is my first post although I have been lurking for years, this site has been a tremendous help with my various Schwinn rebuilds. Thanks for all that info! I have a situation here that I can't seem to find an answer. I am mechanically restoring this 1970 Pixie Stingray for my 5yo son (don't worry the red wheels are now gone) , and I bought this convertible bar off eBay. It is 15.5" from hole center to hole center, which seems to be the correct bar for both the Stingray Pixie and the regular Pixie from what research I have done. I think the Stingray Pixie and regular Pixie are the same frame just different seat and handlebars? That is what they look like in pictures. Maybe someone can verify that.

My issue is that this bar is about 2.5" too long to fit my frame. I figured I just had the wrong bar, but I don't see any other shorter options available. Could it be that my frame is bent (maybe from an adult rider?) It seems like it will take a lot of force to bend it back that much if that is what it needs. Wondering if anyone has a Stingray Pixie and can measure the distance from seat post to fork, that might help. Thanks!

View attachment 1834328

View attachment 1834329

View attachment 1834330

View attachment 1834331
Looks like you may have a bar from a Bantam which is a larger 20 inch bike. I will go measure the bar on my Pixi in a few

View attachment 1834328

View attachment 1834329

View attachment 1834330

View attachment 1834331
Yes 15.5 is correct length for my pixi. Does your bike have 12 or 16 inch wheels? The bar you have is correct for my Pixi you must have a even smaller frame then me.

I also have a 20" Bantam and the bars are very different.

This has 16" wheels which seem to fit it right. The chain guard looks very original and says Stingray Pixie, so I believe it should have 16" wheels. If it is a smaller frame I can't figure out what it is from the 1970 Catalog

If it is actually a Lil Tiger I can't imagine the 16" wheels would fit.

20180514_192618.jpg

Last edited:
That much bend should have put a small kink in the down tube, do you see a kink? Was the e'bay seller sure that bar was a Schwinn?

That much bend should have put a small kink in the down tube, do you see a kink? Was the e'bay seller sure that bar was a Schwinn?

I don't see any kinks, although there is a crack at the bottom where the frame and fork tube meet.

The eBay ad is still online, it is Campus Green and appears to be correct. The length (15.5") matches what other NOS Pixie bars are. I am leaning toward it's bent, but want to really make sure before I bend it back. Thanks.

sting2 (2).jpg

I don't see any kinks, although there is a crack at the bottom where the frame and fork tube meet.

The eBay ad is still online, it is Campus Green and appears to be correct. The length (15.5") matches what other NOS Pixie bars are. I am leaning toward it's bent, but want to really make sure before I bend it back. Thanks.

View attachment 1834387
I'll be honest the down tube looks a bit wonkey in that first pic

Back