When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hydraulic bike

-

unknown52

Look Ma, No Hands!
want to make a hydraulic bike. understand basic hydraulics and have access to everything i need to buyild one. just need some help on what kind of pump and motor to get. dont know how to calculate what rpm on pump (will be cranked by physical force, not an electric motor) will translate into gpm's. and on motor, what gpm turns into rpm's.

How do you plan on transmitting hydraulic force to the rear hub? Let's see some sketches.

Pat

dont have any sketches but kinda simple. put a trike conversion on, weld motor to bike frame and then weld a sprocket on motor, connect with chain and shabami.

If you got a transmission from a hydrostatic drive garden tractor you could put a cog on the input shaft and use the chain and front chain ring to drive it. I think you would need to really get the rpm's up to get anywhere, so you would have to work on the gearing, perhaps even using a multispeed hub on a jackshaft or ?? I think a typical hydro garden tracter runs about 3600 rpms wide open. You should be able to buy a transmission for a Cub Cadet on ebay for $40 or so. The spendier ones are ported for hydraulic lift of the mower decks and other accesories, but you wouldn't need that option. Sounds like a fun project. Maybe you could put a blade on it and push snow in the winter!

my dad and brother made plans to make a hydraulic bike but the plans were stolen at my brother's science fair

hey monark u a mechanic, was stationed at seymour with the 15's as a crew chief, now a hydraulic troop with the 130 and hh-60.

thanks gordon gonna look up prices, cheaper than i thought.

found a pump operating at 3650 psi, 1 gpm. also found a motor that gives me 884 in-lbs at 1300 psi, and 600 rpm's. all sounds good but is the gpm too low on the pump.

Back