When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Italian Head Badge thread

-
-----

Torresini was acquired by Agrati about 1983

marque kept alive for a few years and then permitted to end

Torpado emblem  .jpg

Torresini Capri .jpg

Torresini also produced cycles under the Capri marque
have the impression name owned by them rather than a contract manufactured cycle, no hard information however

----

-----

Torresini was acquired by Agrati about 1983

marque kept alive for a few years and then permitted to end.

Torresini also produced cycles under the Capri marque
have the impression name owned by them rather than a contract manufactured cycle, no hard information however

----
The Torpado name was bought by Cicli Esperia in 2001 (also owns Bottechia, Graziella, Fondriest, Plaster(?), Stucchi and maybe more)

-----

thank you

iirc Agrati kept name afloat until roughly 1989 so they may have let it go fallow for a time...

if Cicli Esperia owns Bottecchia & Graziella they likely own the other Teodoro Carnielli marques such as Annabella, Carnielli et al...

IIRC there are something on the order of six or eight of them

-----

Last edited:
Regina (another variant, however slight, of this badge shown in post #1)

20230120_040324~2.jpg

@juvela , any idea of what time frame the badge you displayed was in use?

-----

have never seen the shield shaped emblem on a cycle

suspect it is a lapel pin or similar

may have been employed on stationary for example

sorry, no guesses as to time frame

-----

-----

have never seen the shield shaped emblem on a cycle

suspect it is a lapel pin or similar

may have been employed on stationary for example

sorry, no guesses as to time frame

-----
I find it interesting that the Pegasus is not on any head badges that I have seen. You would think that it would coincide with a fairly specific time period, but like many things cycling related there is a lot of ambiguity and incongruity.

I find it interesting that the Pegasus is not on any head badges that I have seen. You would think that it would coincide with a fairly specific time period, but like many things cycling related there is a lot of ambiguity and incongruity.

-----

with mysterious heraldric devices the first place to check is the crest/coat-of-arms for the city and the second is that for the family (Torresini)

-----

-----

with mysterious heraldric devices the first place to check is the crest/coat-of-arms for the city and the second is that for the family (Torresini)

-----
First, I forgot to notice that there were no rivet mounting holes in the emblem you posted. My fault!

I had checked for the "Pegasus" being used by Torresini and/or Padova prior to your comment, thus I was still mystified as to its use since there is no sign of any previous connections. More of a Greek thing, but it seems to show up on many Italian badges nonetheless.

-----

for meself, can never catch glimpse of a red pegasus without thinking of Mobil Oil Co. ... oops, am repeatin' meself...

sure sign o' senilitudosityness

---

sorry for posting that klinker emblem in there...no recollection whar found..too much web wander!

-----

Back