When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver johnson Racer. $750

-

The Professor

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello fellow cabers! $750
Here it is for the second time and I can't even describe how pissed I am that I constantly have to re type my ads over and over In order to have my ads pulled or the session timed out only to start over again and again and again and again....
I'm selling off my(1936???) Iver Johnson Racer. $750
It's maroon (purplish at this point)original paint. Confirmed original by the son of the previous owner... Pinstripes are there, fork is nickel, but painted. I thought that was unusual it actually is not. $750
Apparently the crank arms, sprocket, fork, rear hub and lower fork cup appear to be original to the bike. $750
Frame is solid and not cracked anywhere.
* Top tube appears slightly less than straight. No kinks, no damage whatsoever, May be a trick of the eye?? Have to post that for fairness and honesty as a seller.
The only rust is the rims and they actually clean right up. $750
It has a lot of real race time and some real pre 1960 racing modifications, but no paperwork or confirmations as to who rode it. (The best I could confirm is that it was a friend of Ray Florman's, the guy who copied the Cinelli Super Corsa and built his St.Louis Version the Raysport. The family could confirm the locally done race modifications, but really nothing more. Ray florman was the one armed Missouri state champ for 1936 and eventually helped train lance Armstrong's trainers...confirmed! Very amazing man! Apparently as his friends died, the widows brought their late husband's racing gear to Ray.) $750
It does have a St.Louis sold decal, guaranty cycle co. However the headbadge is missing. $750
I added the Brooks b13 and the wonky Westfield stem. It has some newer rider pedals... $750
The hubs are laced into 26x 1.375 rims.
It has one good u.s. royal touring tire on it.
Front hub is an early "constrictor" very tough very reliable/rebuildable and in the same realm as Brampton and burmalux. (Aka very British.) $750
Rear hub is a morrow, (36-13) labeled as an eclipse out of elmyra NY. $750
Some stuff is blacked out on this bike, cups, crank arms, brake arm and some rear hub parts. I think done by a rider to reduce glare.
$750
With all that being said, this bike is really close to being able to ride and is a great resto- mod candidate. I wouldn't mind making a rider out of it and may still do so in the next few weeks. Nothing that will compromise this ad. $750
This bike is and always has been located in St.Louis Missouri.
It has a rich local history and it actually compliments other key bikes in my collection. $750
However, i am a motivated seller and my lake dues and property taxes are due immediately. $750
I'm obviously open to trades and offers.(edited...apparently offers are not allowed and I'm sure I'll have to type this over again in the morning...)
I'm a bike guy, if someone offers that one chance bike, like this one was, I'm gonna be interested. $750
Apparently if you wanna make a solid cash offer take it up with the moderators.
I'd prefer keep it local, but that WILL NOT interfere with any pending sales.
We can discuss shipping in person.
The price is $750
I understand that there's not a whole lot of bike here and I also know it's an original paint iver Johnson Racer.
Feel free to post here with questions.
Thankfully $750, $750, $750
Jake

IMAG5688.jpg

IMAG5689.jpg

IMAG5690.jpg

IMAG5691.jpg

IMAG5694.jpg

IMAG5693.jpg

IMAG5695.jpg

Back