When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lawwill-Knight Pro Cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rccaldwell

On Training Wheels
New to this sight, and new to the bicycle scene, so please take it easy on me lol... Here's what I have up for grabs... I'm hoping someone could help me put a value, $ amount on it? Best regards!

IMG_20231022_164206.jpg

IMG_20231022_164225.jpg

IMG_20231022_164211.jpg

IMG_20231022_164252.jpg

IMG_20231022_164249.jpg

IMG_20231022_164232.jpg

IMG_20231022_164237.jpg

IMG_20231022_164312.jpg

Welcome to The CABE. Wow! That is super nice! I don't know much about the specs on these, but the Dia Compe XCE brake levers are certainly newer than the bike. The Pro Cruisers rarely come up for sale. I'm afraid I can't be much help in placing a value on it. Good luck with the sale, and thanks for sharing this rare bike!

Thank you for your reply to the post! You're the first! I am with little knowledge of bikes (sad to say:/) however with the homework I've done in the past couple weeks on the history of this bike I must say Mert Lawwill is one hell of a legend! Really truly intrigued on not just him but getting into riding bikes! Cheers and Thank you to you Mert Lawwill for all you've done and continue to do!!
(He might not ever see those words but I had to say them anyway!)

Mert Lawwill is certainly a legend. I believe he is in the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame, along with Mike Sinyard of Specialized. The Pro Cruiser was manufactured from 1978 to 1982, according to the MOMBAT site. (Museum of Mountain Bike Art & Technology, started by the late Jeff Archer) There are two 1981 Pro Cruisers listed here. The serial numbers of both bikes start with "81". Perhaps the "80" in your serial numbers makes yours a 1980 bike.

It's certainly a significant bike in the early history/development of the mountain bike.

Back