When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is my 1980 Black cruiser with original paint and original gold decals. A few upgrades here and there. New pedals, seat post and shiny new chromed fork.
I also added new knobby tires and a few other minor touches. Overhauled the Bendix yellow band kickback to new condition and added stainless steel spokes.
I wanted a 1983 model but they are very hard to find and I would be willing to do trades for that model so keep me in mind if you are selling your '83 Schwinn Cruiser. This bike however looks and runs like out of the box and couldn't be happier. Special Thanks to Dan @bicyclebones for sending me the right saddle seat post clamp. Greatly appreciated!

One important note, if you know anyone that have NOS 80-83 Gold Schwinn Cruiser Decals, I could use a set but must be GOLD. Thanks in advance.

Shouts to @Freqman1 @cyclingday @New Mexico Brant @Dave Stromberger @DonChristie @Rusty72 @dverzaal @corbettclassics @Handyman @p51mustang55 @bicyclebones @Ernbar and the so many others that know me but can't remember their nicks. 😓

View attachment 1647639

View attachment 1647640

View attachment 1647641

View attachment 1647642

View attachment 1647643

View attachment 1647644
Gus where did you source the 12 gauge stainless spokes?

Resized_Resized_20210110_134055(1).jpeg

Blue is my favorite color

So I had first posted this bike on June 26th, right after I had picked it up from my son's widow.

Over the years it had been abused, it happens. Anyway I am trying to get it in better shape, it will never be original, obviously.

I did find a Schwinn blade fork, although it is a balloon fork, now I know it isn't right, however it is much better than what was there.

Anyway, MQ serial, with this headbadge.

Shimano Nexus 3sp hub on modern wheelset.

So I had first posted this bike on June 26th, right after I had picked it up from my son's widow.View attachment 1663286
Over the years it had been abused, it happens. Anyway I am trying to get it in better shape, it will never be original, obviously.

I did find a Schwinn blade fork, although it is a balloon fork, now I know it isn't right, however it is much better than what was there.

Anyway, MQ serial, with this headbadge.
View attachment 1663288
Shimano Nexus 3sp hub on modern wheelset.
View attachment 1663289

View attachment 1663290

That's one of the shortest time gaps from serial stamping to build date that I've seen. Only seen one other one that close.

Just picked up this pair of 1980 Cruiser 5s from one of the original owners. The woman told me she and her sister got them as pictured for Christmas in 1980. Looks like the bike shop added a few custom bits including the California Cruiser chain guards and anodized seat clamps, seat posts, front calipers and brake levers. They should clean up nicely.
_nc_ohc=SFybRGFtdZwAX8jIqLO&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg
8mSMEJkdRyYs_ZbdoLEW-UZYcEg&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=XxpKkMv35BsAX9WbMK2&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

Just picked up this pair of 1980 Cruiser 5s from one of the original owners. The woman told me she and her sister got them as pictured for Christmas in 1980. Looks like the bike shop added a few custom bits including the California Cruiser chain guards and anodized seat clamps, seat posts, front calipers and brake levers. They should clean up nicely.
View attachment 1668087
View attachment 1668088

View attachment 1668089

Cool find! Are there any shop stickers on those bikes?

Back