When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major Taylor documentary

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Major Taylor Archive

I live for the CABE

There's a new Major Taylor documentary being filmed right now in Worcester, MA. Check out the above link for more info. I'm meeting with one of the director's next week to discuss possibly using images from my collection. I'll post an update when I have more info.

Release date is 12/2023. They need to raise a lot of money to get this off the ground so if you'd like to see this happen you can make a donation on the site. Thanks !

I'd love to see this done right. Its long overdue. The problem I see with this project is that they began without first securing funding. We are halfway through the year and they are about $990000 shy of their goal? Not seeing this happen by December. Hopefully I'm wrong and the project does succeed. V/r Shawn

I'd love to see this done right. Its long overdue. The problem I see with this project is that they began without first securing funding. We are halfway through the year and they are about $990000 shy of their goal? Not seeing this happen by December. Hopefully I'm wrong and the project does succeed. V/r Shawn
Shawn, the projected release date is late 2023, not 2022. They are filming the trailer in order to get the funds needed to make a 90 min. film. It may seem backward to do it this way but every film project in the past (several over the last 10-15 years) have never been completed, probably due to lack of funding. The way things seem to work now if you don't have Hollywood level backing is to make a trailer and blast it on social media. I hope it works.

Shawn, the projected release date is late 2023, not 2022. They are filming the trailer in order to get the funds needed to make a 90 min. film. It may seem backward to do it this way but every film project in the past (several over the last 10-15 years) have never been completed, probably due to lack of funding. The way things seem to work now if you don't have Hollywood level backing is to make a trailer and blast it on social media. I hope it works.
Ok that makes sense. Like I said I would like to see this done well. I was really hoping Ken Burns would jump on this one! V/r Shawn

From what I've seen so far as photos to replicate Major Taylor on a bike ....... well ...they're not doing a very good job! I'm personally not impressed!!

I think they should re-shoot some photos to try and represent Major Taylor closer to actual original photos of him on a bike.

Here's an example of how they are trying to promote the film ->> ( am I wrong thinking he doesn't look anything like Major Taylor's style? )

IMG_5137.PNG
IMG_5138.PNG

From what I've seen so far as photos to replicate Major Taylor on a bike ....... well ...they're not doing a very good job! I'm personally not impressed!!

I think they should re-shoot some photos to try and represent Major Taylor closer to actual original photos of him on a bike.

Here's an example of how they are trying to promote the film ->> ( am I wrong thinking he doesn't look anything like Major Taylor's style? )

View attachment 1651048View attachment 1651049
Bill, I'm not sure if this footage will even be used in the doc or if it's for funding purposes only. I'll update this post as I get more info.

My feeling on this story, is don’t do it, if you’re not going to do it right.
I’m not sure, what the right treatment is, and something tells me, neither do the filmmakers, which is probably why it hasn’t been done yet.
A bunch of mediocre films about Major Taylor, isn’t going to do his legacy any good, so do it right, or don’t do it at all.

Back