When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manta Ray clone build

-
Yes, I'm aware of your starting point. It doesn't discount finding a similar complete bike to use as a parts donor. There is a very nice blue 24" Breeze listed for sale near me that would be a perfect candidate if it were close to you. You'd get a perfect wheel set, crank & sprocket (plus hardware), gooseneck, seatpost & clamp, grips, brakes & levers, chrome fenders, etc. Of course, you're more likely to find such a donor bike after you have purchased your parts separately! Just something to keep in mind while you search. Good luck with your build!

Guys name is Derrick Hodges, he has had it listed on FB marketplace for 16 weeks at $65. - I believe he would take less to move it. I have his pics that I will send in PM. Gooseneck looks rough and he says it will need tires. He has a Suburban I'm on the fence about, so feel free to contact him and make offer, I can help with packing & shipping. PM also sent.

Guys name is Derrick Hodges, he has had it listed on FB marketplace for 16 weeks at $65. - I believe he would take less to move it. I have his pics that I will send in PM. Gooseneck looks rough and he says it will need tires. He has a Suburban I'm on the fence about, so feel free to contact him and make offer, I can help with packing & shipping. PM also sent.

I was able to locate a 24" Breeze 3 speed women's bike for a donor. I sent you P.M.

So the 24" Breeze I had lined up fell through. When they took it to the shop to send it they wanted 174.00 for shipping. I backed out since the bike was only $50. So I will be looking for another 24" donor bike.

I did not pick up a 24" donor bike but I did pickup two 26: bikes for projects over the winter. One is a 26" 1970 Schwinn Hollywood womens bike from Chicago with a 2 speed yellow kickback hub and the other bike is a 26" 1975 Schwinn Heavy Duty also a Chicago bike.

Nice projects for the winter, and often times when you get involved in other projects is when you find the parts you need for another.

Back