When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Morrow Hub Rebuild Help!

-
It also could be that the axle View attachment 966591

View attachment 966592

end assembly- cone, spring, retarder washer and axle bushing have moved away from the brake sleeve assembly. After assembling first parts ( pic 1) slide brake sleeve over axle, ( pic 2) the gap should be 1/32 - 1/16” max. If not, then the axle assembly should be tighter together.

I forgot to mention that, I also replaced my axle and everything attached to it.

It also could be that the axle View attachment 966591

View attachment 966592

end assembly- cone, spring, retarder washer and axle bushing have moved away from the brake sleeve assembly. After assembling first parts ( pic 1) slide brake sleeve over axle, ( pic 2) the gap should be 1/32 - 1/16” max. If not, then the axle assembly should be tighter together.
Hi @PlasticNerd where is the gap in the picture that you are referring to? @piercer_99 @tripple3 I think this might be the thread that actually clears things up and helps it make sense for me. Actual pictures sure help. And if I need a new brake sleeve i know who to ask. ;)

I will take some pics and circle them to show where the "gap" is! Can try to do later today or tonight! Gary

The Gap between the teeth on these two parts, that can be changed by the way you pinch the spring down when screwing the first three Pieces onto the axle. Maybe I can do a video sometime on it !! Gary

If these hubs are set up right, I still stand by my million year old post, that they are excellent. Still my favorite hub. But again, any sloppy rushed jobber on these and they will function about as good as the amount of time you invested in rebuilding it ect ect...

I just learned that part 116 (retarder washer) has one side larger than the other, and if installed upside down will cause a large gap between the teeth. Unfortunately this has not solved all of my hubs problems

Back