When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My dad died and left me this fully restored 1950 Monark Super Deluxe with Records

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Price
3600 OBO
Zipcode

jjstuie

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi everyone,

I am hoping I'm in the right place to sell my bike... my dad passed away recently, and left me this beautiful 1950 Monark Super Deluxe. It was fully restored with all original parts found over years on sites like eBay, etc.

I'm hoping to sell it because I am just back for a week or so taking care of his estate before I fly back home and I don't have space for it as I'm taking other sentimental things with me and the cost is already high. (Out of U.S.)

Any advice would be so appreciated, including value. I was told it is worth around 4500 retail, but I expect to sell it for less based on the advice I've received on other forums. Definitely realistic and open to pricing based on circumstances. Thanks so much in advance!

I can be reached any time by phone at 949-310-2848.

Josh

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. You've posted this bike and questions to the right site. It's sure a beautiful example of this classic. Another option if you are into cycling at all like your Dad was is to take it to an upscale bike shop and negotiate a trade for a modern bike you can take home.
Just a thought.....
Kryn

Sorry for your loss. You've posted this bike and questions to the right site. It's sure a beautiful example of this classic. Another option if you are into cycling at all like your Dad was is to take it to an upscale bike shop and negotiate a trade for a modern bike you can take home.
Just a thought.....
Kryn
Ah thank you, I may try that as a last resort, but definitely hoping to sell it to a good owner. Thanks for your thoughts I really appreciate it. :)

I’m no Monark expert but it looks like liberties were taken with the paint, seat, and possibly pedals as well as missing a rear fender decal. These may have had a trim piece on front fender as well. I don’t know who appraised at $4500 but not someone who is well versed on either bikes or the market. I believe if you could get anywhere close to $2k in Cali take it. Jus my 2c. V/r Shawn

I’m no Monark expert but it looks like liberties were taken with the paint, seat, and possibly pedals as well as missing a rear fender decal. These may have had a trim piece on front fender as well. I don’t know who appraised at $4500 but not someone who is well versed on either bikes or the market. I believe if you could get anywhere close to $2k in Cali take it. Jus my 2c. V/r Shawn
Hi Shawn, yes, I'm open as I said to all options and flexible.

Very cool bike. GLWS and sorry about your loss. Your best bet is probably eBay. Maybe you will find someone local.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back