When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New TOC Bike Emblem?

-
--- not likely ---
I would say teens Emblem
the badge seems replaced, badge holes are all messed up, and the bottom screw seems out of place!!!
the badge patina doesn't match the bike's patina ..... this is what first caught my eye.

if rear hub is original to the bike : page 1 - Oct 31, 2012 - post #1
more 1906 or later.
"New Departure Model A - originally known as "1903 Model" 1902/03, "1904 Model" 1903/04, called Model A by 1906"
source : https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/c...g-project-need-everyones-help-pre-1933.34160/

if the sprocket is original to the bike : page 2- May 25, 2013 - post #31
"Miami, has been seen in a 1914ish Miami womans bike with wood wheels. Has also been seen on an Emblem mens bike. Also, there is a very similar version that is a bit smaller, without the four small holes and smaller teardrop holes positioned a bit farther from the outside that is on an Emblem womans bike. Also been seen on a Mead, Cossagn 20's mens bicycle that was sold be Copak for the Pedaling History Museum. "
source : https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/sprocket-compilation-pic-heavy.41683/page-2

if the bike is original to the bike : Emblem page 3 - Jun 30, 2013 - post #47
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/sprocket-compilation-pic-heavy.41683/page-3

And a dog leg crank on a teens bike?

More research on research for Emblem.

page 1 -Feb 19, 2018 - post #9
source : https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/emblem-manufacturing-info.125531/

seems that all Emblem badges on The Cabe have east-west badge holes, but most seem to be from the late teens, and twenties
can't find much info/pics on Emblems from 1906-1914
i am sure someone might come-up with info

Does anyone have early Emblem badge photos, in a link sent by Max there was reference to this sprocket being on an early Miami bike, photos of that badge would be helpful? I pulled the badge off it had a touch of glue to hold in place, so it's confirmed the Harvard badge was added. The badge outline looks perfect and no other holes were drilled the are 3" apart east - west.

Mike

Does anyone have early Emblem badge photos, in a link sent by Max there was reference to this sprocket being on an early Miami bike, photos of that badge would be helpful? I pulled the badge off it had a touch of glue to hold in place, so it's confirmed the Harvard badge was added. The badge outline looks perfect and no other holes were drilled the are 3" apart east - west.

Mike
So the bottom screw on the Harvard badge was not even screwed in?
Do you have a picture of the outline of the previous badge?
I have a few early Emblems, I will try to measure the holes tonight.

So the bottom screw on the Harvard badge was not even screwed in?
Do you have a picture of the outline of the previous badge?
I have a few early Emblems, I will try to measure the holes tonight.

The lower screw was screwed in Max but not tight, the rubber cement had it better than the screw. Looks like the same outline as the Harvard, I'll take it outside when I get home and look closely, an Emblem or a Miami badge should work based on the links you posted.

Mike

The lower screw was screwed in Max but not tight, the rubber cement had it better than the screw. Looks like the same outline as the Harvard, I'll take it outside when I get home and look closely, an Emblem or a Miami badge should work based on the links you posted.

Mike

Mike. So you have 3 badge holes?
2 east/west (original holes)
and 1 south (extra for the lower screw on the Harvard)

NO just 2 holes about 3' apart east west. Here’s a picture of the outline, looks like a Columbia badge was on there or something similar. I’ll remove the glue later.

A06E883A-312F-44CE-8708-4F736B4400DA.jpeg

A956595B-EF2A-44F0-91B8-2D344B15C979.jpeg

E5DE7AE0-1D8D-43AC-A8F6-4BB6497B9842.jpeg

Interesting for sure!
My only immediate insight comes from the fork crown, I believe I have seen Lovell Diamond built bicycles featuring the same fork?
Can anyone confirm or deny that thought?

I have seen a badge somewhere for a "Hub" bicycle, I like the Boston association with the term as explained above.

Back