When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nirve Bikes

-
they were kool,but youhad to be a car person from awhile ago,not many youg ppl know anything about cars,so female like

i wonder how many ppl on here even know who these guys were

Are these The BARRIS and CODDINGTON guys that you are refering too?

gbbb1.jpg

One of Barris' creation

cadzzilla-front.jpg

Honestly had to look up Coddington

61WfpHEhS-L._SX425_.jpg
nirve_boyd_07_m.jpg

Did you get one?

the yellow bike with the flames are the koolest ones i think there were 4 different ones alrogether,the flat black being the least desireable,they only bring $100 to #150 on the bay

dont know,but the used other ones only bring $150,prolly not high quality but way kool lookin

There are all kinds of ways to be a car person. The psychopath who claims to be my father loved paint-by-number hotrods and those terrible expo center shows full of lame trailer queens, so I'm quite familiar with that kind of stuff. I grew up thinking I hated custom cars largely because of the ubiquity of Barris' cartoon creations (and the cars he didn't build, but took credit for) and those he inspired that I thought made up the whole of it. Then I saw one of Marcello Gandini's more famous works in a cheesy movie and a whole new world opened up for me (also didn't hurt that "dad" had no idea what it was) and I even went on to pursue automotive design before a whole lot of life came crashing down. Reality Show Boyd's stuff is much cleaner, but variation-on-a-theme isn't for me. There are all kinds of ways to be into cars.

Looks like the bikes are just a standard bike with a paint scheme and their licensed names—good work if you (or your estate) can get it!

Back