When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old tandem bike identification

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I can say my friends also has the turn buckles for the rear steering I originally thought they were added but yours has them to they are original hope someone knows something cause I would like to end up with my buddys as I like it a lot

To me it looks like it's CWC but that fork is made identical to a post war 50s Columbia fork. Maybe I am wrong if the rear steer tabs are built in or welded on vs bolt on etc. What's the rivit spacing center to center on the badge and the head tube ?

Kickstand isn't original.

This is the other bike I know of sorry it’s the only pic I got

447E61F1-16B9-41A9-83F1-F9172C2E6D29.png

To my eye this looks like a well done shop combined tandem bicycle. I don't believe it started live as a tandem but was build by joining two bicycles, the visible joints and splicing between the two bikes is much more crude than any tandem I've seen from the 1890's - 1940's as far as factory made joining.

To my eye this looks like a well done shop combined tandem bicycle. I don't believe it started live as a tandem but was build by joining two bicycles, the visible joints and splicing between the two bikes is much more crude than any tandem I've seen from the 1890's - 1940's as far as factory made joining.
I agree. The threaded rod is something I've never seen on a factory tandem. Well done but I don't think a factory job either. V/r Shawn

Looking at it closely I can almost envision it as one of those (as pictured above) early generation Colson built "combination tandem" bicycles that had a serious (if not fatal) wreck?
I wonder if the stoker headtube was compromised and bottom twin tubes as well maybe that would explain the sleeves etc you can see throughout?

Based on the bottom brackets, seatpost mounting integral parts, rear dropouts etc it is almost certainly a 1930's or later machine so my gut is somewhere in the middle of a heavily repaired tandem and a pair of bikes joined at the hip. If it was the former then for a moment anyway it was the latter too! ;)

Back