When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Orange Krate

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Great thank you!! To add to the story my "boyfriend" across the street had the exact same one except it was the green model. We used to ride to the donut together (a whole two blocks away lol) :)
Thats awesome! Green one would be a "Pea Picker"

Great thank you!! To add to the story my "boyfriend" across the street had the exact same one except it was the green model. We used to ride to the donut together (a whole two blocks away lol) :)
From this reply, I now have to assume you are female and this would simplify the answer as to why a few here can't believe you had no idea on the value. Your bike is a highly sought after model by the collectors and most if not all are male. Best of luck rehoming your bike!

Last edited:
Yes he was, often people join the site for no other reason then to get a price or value on an item or bike and then they are never heard from again which is allowed but very annoying. A small amount of research here on this site and elsewhere would have given you a good idea of value. Many people claim to have there "original" bike from their youth but seem to know nothing about it always send up a red flag. That is a great bike and even better pic of your dad. The prices of these bikes has blown up and yours is a very desirable bike. Lots of scammers out there lately and members are a little skiddish when the flags go up. Good luck
This is a pandemic issue in all hobby forums. Whether you are a guest or think by becoming a forum member 'you're in'....they ask a question, get some help or a freebee part, and are never heard of again. It can make you hardened to newbies.

Recently, I sent a rare part to a young newbie(another hobby) and he didn't even bother to tell me it had arrived! Said he forgot....how do you "forget" to thank someone for a free, rare part? So essentially, it won't happen again.....which is a shame for those that would be grateful.

Kevin

I personally got to see this bike. It's very nice, well taken care of with a few scuffs on the seat tube area but most of the paint is in nice condition. The chrome is also in great shape. The seat is in very good condition too. Tires have side cracks but to be expected for sitting so long. The owner shared that she used to treasure this bike when she owned it and it shows. Whoever lands this bike will be happy. Wish I had enough to offer her.

Yes. It’s my bike? I am new here - are you being sarcastic? My dad gave it to me In Grade school and I’m nearly 60. We had to clean out their storage recently, sadly, and it was in there. I’ve attached a photo of him “trying it out to be sure it was safe”. Also attached their bikes. Maybe those are valuable too? I was just looking for insight.

View attachment 1842003

View attachment 1842004

View attachment 1842005
Your almost 60 you said & this bike is a Dec 71 so you'd approx be 10yrs old give or take a year. 10 yr old girl and your dad bought you a boy's bike. From what I've been reading ... Coolest girl on the block 👍
I'd say $4200 wouldn't be out of line for an honest price. Of course, If I still had my childhood bike, I wouldn't sell it I'd pass it down.

I remember a shop in Chicago 25 years ago it was female owner and she placed he really clean 1970 orange on the window of the shop…I saw it one night well lit and was just awesome….pre cell phones so no pic…called her the next day and it she said. It for sale…that was HER a childhood bike.

Back