When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL COPIES OF MAJOR TAYLOR AUTOBIOGRAPHY

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
There is a bicycle medal on eBay that the seller claims is Major Taylors from 1895 Jay County Fair. No inscription or anything like that on it but he says it's Taylor's with no actual proof. I can't find anything that I have where he won this 5 mile race. Anyone have some info for Taylor 1895 - he was still an amateur.

Price is $15,000
I believe this has been on eBay for quite some time.

There is a bicycle medal on eBay that the seller claims is Major Taylors from 1895 Jay County Fair. No inscription or anything like that on it but he says it's Taylor's with no actual proof. I can't find anything that I have where he won this 5 mile race. Anyone have some info for Taylor 1895 - he was still an amateur.

Price is $15,000
Bill, I posted a thread about the medal back in May - https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/major-taylors-first-place-medal.208505/#post-1429211

Price is $15,000
That seller just took the word of the person from whom he purchased that medal. I've talked to other MT collectors, and everyone agrees that medal was not Major's. I have found zero mentions of him ever racing in Jay County. Yes, he was still amateur at that time, and he participated in a couple races around the state that month, my understanding is that later in the month, he moved to Worcester. That 1895 Jay County fair was 9/23-9/27, and I've never seen any mention of Major participating there. If someone else has information to the contrary, I'm sure we'd all be interested.

Back