When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Outing by Hay & Willits

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Jesse @Jesse McCauley helped identify Janney pedals. They are definitely very stylish. I don’t have a pair so I am debating using Brandenbergs or other pedals similar to the Janney type.

Resized_20230608_113137.jpeg

Last edited:
Here are the pedals I am considering. An early “trial period” first date will occur tomorrow morning.

These two started life out in the same factory. Then the whims of retail procurement flung them hundreds miles apart. Somehow their crank mates were cast aside, separated, or maybe needed a break? Decades passed… then these two were reunited in the basement that can be described as “Ali Baba’s Cavern of TOC Treasure!” It is in Richmond, Virginia.

Pedal bliss friends!

IMG_7966.jpeg

Last edited:
Here are the pedals I am considering. An early “trial period” first date will occur tomorrow morning.

These two started life out in the same factory. Then whims of retail procurement flung them hundreds miles away. Somehow their crank mates were cast aside, separated, or maybe needed a break? Decades passed… then these two were reunited in the basement that can be described as “Ali Baba’s cavern of TOC treasure!” It is in Richmond, Virginia.

Pedal bliss friends!

View attachment 1851479

Was one these from the lot I sold?

Or 3640?... 8640?...
Yes thank you Joe; in person it looks like it could also possibly be 3840. I guess it really doesn't matter unless a Hay & Willits build ledger turns up in an Indiana historical museum or family descendent.

Here are a couple great articles on the HistoricIndianapolis.com site that mentions Major Taylor's time at Hay & Willits:

Last edited:
The badge is currently just “mocked-up” on the Outing. The badge sits a little loose without the screws in place. The two screws that fit the holes have slightly different heads. I am awaiting another small group of badge screws to arrive; fingers crossed a good match will meet my satisfaction.

Thank you again to @Jon Olson for the assist in making the badge a reality for this machine.

IMG_8078.jpeg

Last edited:
Back