When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Park Tool CR-2 Cotter Pin Remover Versions?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

eyefrommn

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hey Cabers. I recently restored an older Park CR-2 Cotter Pin Remover Tool and has (#6176) and "Park Tool Co" in the casting. I believe the later versions (see pics 3 and 4) have just "Park Tool" in the casting. I was also wondering if there was actually a CR-1 and if so, when they may have made the change to CR-2 and from from "Park Tool Co" to just "Park Tool" in the casting. Trying to date my tool. The first two pictures are of the tool which I believe is older than the second tool I have in the last 2 pics. Also, the casting number is upside down on the first older tool, when compared to other CR-2 tools. Any input is appreciated!

IMG_7213.JPG

IMG_7271.JPG

IMG_7269.JPG

IMG_7270.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like the first version (perhaps CR-1) had two welded plates instead of a cast body. (courtesy of ebay seller)

cr-1.jpg

I'm guessing the first tool pictured is the 1st issue of the 2nd generation (first cast body), but still with "Park Tool Co" in the casting.

I think the fabricated one was first, and the cast one was second. Just my guess? The cost of manufacturing would have been cheaper on the cast version, less steps, less material. They both do the same job.

John

Last edited:
Back