Please help identify this TOC 24" racer... Hendee Indian?

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

lgrinnings

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Dec 31, 2010
Newburyport, MA
Howdy folks... Once again I call upon the collective brain trust of the CABE to help me solve a mystery. In this case, it's a TOC 24" racer that's badged Iver Johnson (although clearly not an Iver Johnson). What I know of the bicycle is that I bought it out of a barn in New Hampshire where it had been sitting since the 60s. The previous owner had won it and some other TOC parts at a farm auction and was going to outfit the bike for his son, but time got away from him and his son quickly outgrew the bike. The original paint appears to be red. The Iver Johnson badge doesn't quite fit with the very bottom tip folded under. In the pictures below I've tried to highlight the key spots in the hopes of getting a positive i.d.. I've done some comparison to @hoofhearted Patric's 24" Hendee Indian Special Racer and there are both similarities and differences. The fork and chain adjusters appear to be identical. The headset bearing cups are different, but the angled nature of mine is a Hendee trademark I believe. The seat stays have a different profile from Patric's. Anyhow, any and all help is appreciated and additional photos can be provided upon request. Thanks in advance!

-Lester

Kombicol

Finally riding a big boys bike
Sep 5, 2008
Houston, United States
Early iver badge
Good score if the tips not broken off

This ad goes away when you register for an account!