When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare stem

-
I'm just to try to help those who need this item and at the same time help my friend to earn some cash. He didn't asked me to sell it, just to know for what bike is this stem and now we know. I didn't asked him to sell it yet but I can ask him to sell it if I have a fair price.

I wouldn’t re plate it.
That costs money and I don’t think it will add enough to the value to re coup the cost of the plating.
Let the new owner decide to do that, if they wish. They will appreciate, that you let them decide, and oversee that fate.
The stem is a hard to find part, but so is the speedometer/housing and the control buttons.
Without those parts, it’s a step closer, but still a long way from nirvana.
My guess is, that you could throw it out there for about $1,000, maybe $1,500 and see if you get any bites.
But, again, without those critical components, it’s just a hull.
Better than nothing I suppose, but if you’re going to spend a thousand, it’s probably worth waiting for a complete kit, which could probably be had for about the same or slightly more coin.
That’s about what the hierarchy of rare stems seems to be going at the moment.
Just my opinion, for whatever it’s worth.
Thanks for your opinion. I agree with it. I'm going to ask him if he is going to sell it for a price between $1,000 - $1,500. I think that's a fair price for this rare stem.

just to give yo an idea a fairly clean stem speedo with both buttons and the cable sold last year for around 1700 dollars and about 3 years ago just the stem was going for 600 with no takers the buttons are really rare use the search function for elgin skylark stem

Back