When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn girder fork?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It says Inventor, Frank Schwinn on the bottom right corner.
Whether he is claiming the fork or the fork mechanism is a moot point. They are one and the same.
As is the springer mechanism on the 1907 Triumph. I believe the restored one is a 1917 but I would have to go back and check.
If you look at the springer "mechanism" on the Triumph and the Schwinn forks, the only difference I see is Triumph used a longer yoke on the front of their spring and Schwinn did not.

The point of this thread is that Frank Schwinn copied an existing fork design, changed a couple very minor aesthetics and patened it as the Inventor. Then Schwinn filed lawsuits when anyone tried to copy the design.

That would be like me taking a hammer, changing the size of the handle and suing anyone who made a hammer with a handle even similar to mine.

The point of this thread is that Frank Schwinn copied an existing fork design, changed a couple very minor aesthetics and patened it as the Inventor. Then Schwinn filed lawsuits when anyone tried to copy the design.

That would be like me taking a hammer, changing the size of the handle and suing anyone who made a hammer with a handle even similar to mine.
Isnt that what Gene Simmons did with a Hatchet shaped bass then sued anyone near it? Money rules!

Back