When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Paramount Aluminum Pro1.86kg frame Klein patent number 4500103

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Waterford Bikes bought the rights and took over the Paramount line when Schwinn stopped production. From what I can see they still exist. It may be worth contacting them, who knows?
Also the part in California, is it the correct actual part for the bike? If so, there may be a member here that would buy it and ship it to you if you cover the costs to do so. I have a guy that has done that for me in England. If I were in California I would be happy to do it.
You could go to the wanted section and ask if someone would be willing to do this.
Was the seller on eBay ir is he a bike shop you found online?
Rob

Rob,thanks,good lead. I will call Waterford cycles, they may have the brake boss's, which would save me having to make them. I had thought about asking if there was anyone here that lived in Hayward Ca. and would ship it too me, but thought it a bit too much trouble for them. So did not like to ask.
If there were? I would be happy to pay all costs. The bike shop really was not very helpful in that department. But they did send me a pic.But I do not know how to transfer the image from my flip phone to the PC. But it looks correct to me.

Thanks J too for looking. Be happy to compensate you. I love parts bins.
I seem to buy these projects were my mission seems to be part fact finding part treasure hunt and the best part, making new friends.

Last edited:
I have The CABE app, I can just move the photos on my phone. You can also just go to The CABE on the phone without the app.
You could also email your photo to yourself, save it in your computer and access it from there.

I did it Rob, or should I say my son did it for me. turns out was not that easy. I can take credit. I did make him, with some help from Mother, happy Mothers day to all Mothers out there.

This is the cable guides that Cyclepath Hayward has in stock.

untitled_3.jpg

I have The CABE app, I can just move the photos on my phone.
None of those guides look loke they are direct bolt ons though. I wonder if Schwinn BMX may have used the same ones you need. Or for that matter, a 3rd party supplier probably made those so any bikes from that time frame could've used the exact one you need.
Rob

Thanks guys for helping.
While in my flip phone my son noticed this pic. I guess I had taken a pic of an old photo while building my Rocket.

Gave me an idea. I could fab a steel cable guide exactly as I need using tubing and a mounting plate.
The pic here is me ( younger of course) grinding the paint so I can weld on the cable guides.

untitledhhjbdh.jpg

If you have the ability, use aluminum for your project. Steel and aluminum create electrolysis and will cause damage to that rare aluminum frame.

Back