When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Paramount Aluminum Pro1.86kg frame Klein patent number 4500103

-
you could make one out of nylon, or find a nylon one that you can drill the correct mounting holes in.
The bike with the brake cable to one side may have been laced wrong from the Factory or the dealer, even someone replacing all the cables could do that.
I would lace the brake down the middle for sure.

Yes Rob, as you say, the brake and cable has to be in the middle.
Check out this neat little (plated steel) triple cable stop.

102_6216.JPG

I found a 3 cable guide. Someone had mod it for 2 cable but looks salvageable for 3 cable. Cost of postage if needed, feel free to pm.

Thanks for thinking of me J.
Its a bit rough for me. So I am still searching for one like this that has not had such a hard life. There has got to be one out there.
Any idea what bike it was on originally?

Last edited:
Called many bike shops with no joy. But got lucky on this one ebay part. The add did not say much other than they were from a 1988 Cannondale SM700, but for $5 it was worth a chance. Remember the thread is 10X1.5mm not a common size.
They showed up to day and they thread in,(the blind squirrel comes to mind here), still have to find the cable guide but this is a good step forward.

From a 1988 SM700 small.jpg

Very cool, some progress. I see now. It's very different from what I thought. Here brake boss 1985 Cannondale sm600 with roller cam rear seat stay mounted.

Hey J, Would you be interested in selling those roller cams and bosses?

One more thing, I did PM you J, but how do you view a PM to see if you got it? new here and this is my first PM.

Last edited:
Back