When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I Go With Blackwall Or Whitewall Tires?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Whitewalls or Blackwalls?

• Whitewall

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • Blackwall

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
I've have a couple of bikes with those Columbia tires. I like'm because they have a tread pattern very similar to the Royal Master Centipede Grip tires and they have performed great. V/r Shawn

They do look just like them. Just wish they had made them in BW too:(

Whitewalls=Catholic school, upper crust.
Blackwalls=Public school, working class.
Blackwalls all the way. IMO, blackwalls would kick white walls azz and take their lunch money.

You gotta think tho, what working class kid found a Bluebird under his Xmas tree??? These Bluebirds were not cheap bikes. Pretty sure the "Upper Crust" were the only ones that could afford such a machine,especially when much of the US was suffering from the Great Depression...

End of discussion. Whitewalls it is!

http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1936-sears-catalog-via-hathitrust-org.51425/
imageidmdp39015009227433seq817width680-1.jpg

Last edited:
Then what rideable whitewall tires would you suggest?? John's chaintreads are the shiznit and look great on just about any vintage bike, but I believe these Columbia repop tires look great on Elgins that may have come with WW Allstates. Just my opinion. BTW,don't be fooled by the price of these Columbia tires. They may be cheap in price, but are good quality tires that ride smooth & effortlessly;)
I suggested blackwalls

Most deluxe ballooners came with white walls so that is what I put on them. Most lesser equipped bikes came with black walls but in a lot of cases could be upgraded to white walls for a dollar or two more. The school house analogy doesn't hold much water here. V/r Shawn

Back