When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should Nov. 1938 Colson Have "Screw/Pinch-Tank" or "Snap-Tank"???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Old Man Wolf

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hello!
I just bought a 1938 Colson and was confirmed it's a November 1938 by the "K8" under the serial number (9284)...
... Now I'm hoping to learn if November 1938 should have the 1 year only "Screw-On/Pinch Tank" or if it should have the regular "Snap-Tank"???

The bike I bought came with a Snap-Tank (don't think it's original to the bike as seller mentioned he painted it to match)...
... but I fear I'll be stuck selling the tank that came with it and trying to find the proper screw-on/pinch tank for it as I'm hoping to restore a "his & hers" pair of Colson's!!!

Talk Soon!
Blessings!
Will & Wendy,
N3YH & K3WMS

Red Mens 8.JPG

Red Mens 1.jpg

Red Mens 2.jpg

Red Mens 3.jpg

Red Mens 4.jpg

Well from the best of my knowledge these bicycle companies did wierd things back then, basically using up the parts they had laying around. I used to have a 1939 Colson flyer bicycle and that one had a snap tank which just snapped in, Then my other Colson Streamliner is a 1938 with a female to male screws on tank. Im sure you will get some other Colson collecters to chime in soon!
IMG_20160723_145830106_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160723_145820793.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Mike!
That's what I was afraid of...
... probably going to break the bank finding the right tank for it...
... then break it again finding a matching '38 Screw-Tank Ladies' version for Wendy!!!

Thanks Again for all your help!
Blessings!
Will & Wendy,
N3YH & K3WMS

Back