When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stingray wheel sizes

-
I found some fastback Wheels it looks a whole lot better on the bike now

20230302_172603_HDR~2.jpg

I found some fastback Wheels it looks a whole lot better on the bike now

View attachment 1797449
I LOVE this Fastback.. I built up a Kia Muscle bike a few years ago with a pair of s5 wheels that were looking for a home, so I fit them along with a pair of Ramshorn bars and I named it the Kia FastTrack. It turned out really Cool with og yellow paint and a black and white banana seat.. RideOn..

I LOVE this Fastback.. I built up a Kia Muscle bike a few years ago with a pair of s5 wheels that were looking for a home, so I fit them along with a pair of Ramshorn bars and I named it the Kia FastTrack. It turned out really Cool with og yellow paint and a black and white banana seat.. RideOn..
Awesome that sounds incredible. Yeah I originally had planned on leaving the stingray wheels on the bike and then it just didn't look right with my other fastback. And I'd already bought tires for the stingray wheels. I ended up using the front wheel on my 3-wheeler but now I've got a perfectly good rear wheel with a brand new tire on it

20230303_154042_HDR.jpg

20230303_154016_HDR.jpg

The Fastback wheels are the S5 rims and take special tires..
Just for the record, and to confuse this topic even further, a 20 x 1 3/8 and a 20 x1 1/4 (S-5 or S-6 rim) DO NOT take a special Schwinn tire. From a tire fitting "stand point" all 20 x 1 3/8 and 1 1/4 tires are the same. Not to be confused with the 24" and 26" sizes which are different and require special Schwinn sizes.

Obviously we are talking about "fitting the rim". Not the difference between rear Schwinn slik's and front tires which are only different tire treads.

John

Just for the record, and to confuse this topic even further, a 20 x 1 3/8 and a 20 x1 1/4 (S-5 or S-6 rim) DO NOT take a special Schwinn tire. From a tire fitting "stand point" all 20 x 1 3/8 and 1 1/4 tires are the same. Not to be confused with the 24" and 26" sizes which are different and require special Schwinn sizes.

Obviously we are talking about "fitting the rim". Not the difference between rear Schwinn slik's and front tires which are only different tire treads.

John
Now that I think of it I found a s5 front wheel in a bone yard a few years back that needed a front tire and tube and was a standard size 20x1 1/4" size..

Back