When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

supergoose ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You stole it. Great find. Looks like a 1983. Parts alone way above $35. Awesome.

Yep. You did very well. The brake set alone would bring 4-5 times what you paid for the bike on the 'bay. Nice survivor condition, great find.

thankyou, I figured it had to worth at least 35.00. 82 or 1983 that's sounds about right to me from what he said. it rides good also. mark

that's a plain jane 1982 mongoose motomag, not a supergoose. Also those stickers are from a newer model supergoose. Supergooses have a flat rear seatstay and most of them 3 holes on the brake bridge, still a very nice score for $35 bucks

here's some info

http://www.vintagemongoose.com/frame/serials.php

Last edited:
Indeed a good score for $35. Two of my buddies had them back then, although time has clouded my memories, I recall the supergoose as having anodized spoked rims and no coaster brake hub only caliper brakes.

that's a plain jane 1982 mongoose motomag, not a supergoose. Also those stickers are from a newer model supergoose. Supergooses have a flat rear seatstay and most of them 3 holes on the brake bridge, still a very nice score for $35 bucks

here's some info

http://www.vintagemongoose.com/frame/serials.php

Plain jane huh??? How many of these do you have? And the serial # is I= Sept. 1982 Released as an 83 model. And All the Supergoose and Pro Class Mongoose have the 3 hole brake bridge. The rear drop outs are thicker on the Pro class (about 3/16") so you can tell the difference between them even without stickers. As you can see from the pictures the frame has the step down 2 hole rear drop outs released on the 83 model year frames.

ANYWAYS you have a VERY NICE bike that looks like it was kept in good shape. Great piece of BMX history!!! Ride it and enjoy it!

Heres my H= Aug 1983 Supergoose (Sold as an 84 model) you can see the 3 hole brake bridge. And the 2 hole step down rear drop out.
IMG00055201004141457-1.jpg

IMG00059201004141459-1.jpg

IMG00053201004141457-1.jpg

IMG00056201004141458-1.jpg

As mentioned, the bike is a Sept 82 frame. It is a standard Mongoose and is not a Supergoose.

As far as the three hole brake bridge, this started in may/June of 81 when they switched to the step drop out frames and only on the Team/Supergoose frames.

The flattened seat stays started in mid 78 on the Team frames, this was to give clearance for the chain because the freewheel hubs would cause the chain to rub the frame. This was done away with when the step drop out frames came out in mid 81.

The decals are not original to the bike, the rainbow decals came out in 83, first on the gusseted Geese and then carried on to the non gusseted Geese which was a mid year change.

Back