When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tank bike ID help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If I can snatch it, I'll probably just ditch the basket and reflectors and call it a day. Not sure on maintenance needs, but can I get away with repacking things with grease and lubing the chain?
Sounds like a plan. You can always do more later if you wish. Looking forward to pics of it on the road:cool:

Is the "TOC" grip period to this, or those molded plastic ones?
That grip is MUCH earlier. Late 1800's to early 1900's.

The white grip looks later than the bike. Black finger grips should be correct. Here are a few used for sale here. The same seller also makes new repops of very good quality.
http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/vintage-finger-grips-for-sale.99946/
dscn0531-jpg.jpg

Is that a J & R Flyer badge? If so, that's only the 3rd one I've ever seen! And I own the other two. One is also Monark built, and has blackout wartime hubs. The other is Shelby built from the mid 30s. I did find out J & R was an auto parts chain, like western Auto, based in the midwest.

It's actually an S&R Flyer, from S&R Motor Supply Co. Is that the earlier version of J&R before it was spun off?

Back