When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Schwinn Dixie Dreamcycle: My Entry for the 16th Annual Rat Rod Bikes Build Off

-
Progress so far:
20210830_170332-jpg.jpg

Most of what's left:
20210830_170337-jpg.jpg

Ok, although I have managed to sandblasted most of my parts today, I'm completely worn out and ready to head home for the night. It's 8:30pm where I live, and I've been sandblasting since almost noon today. I don't know if powder coating will happen tomorrow, or later. I still haven't finished blasting the chain guard and fender braces, and I might've warped the tin tank mounts while blasting them. Plus, there are a few small dents in the chain guard I'd like to try and fix before I get everything powdered.

I made a great deal of progress today, but I'm not done yet. I should still be able to get this bike done in time, but I know time is running out.

Okay, I'm just now picking up where I left off yesterday (I was really worn out) and already there's another big last-minute problem: my dad tried to powder coat some stuff earlier today, and there's a blockage in his air lines! So, unless he can get it fixed this week, I might not be able to get this bike powder coated and finished in time. Granted, it's not the end of the world if that's the case, but I still want to get this bike done by the 6th.

Still, I'm going to keep on working like the powder coating problem will be solved soon. So that means fixing the tank mounts and the chain guard, soaking the kickstand in some Evaporust, and whatever else I can get done tonight.

Okay, I managed to fix the tank mounts, chain guard, and even touch up the front fender, but unfortunately, I'm kind of stuck as far as progress goes. I'm going to see what happens with the powder coating issue, then I'll go from there. There are a few things I can work on in the meantime, but I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

Plus, it makes no sense to sandblast anything right now when I don't know how soon Dad will be able to powder coat everything. Everything I sandblasted yesterday is already starting to rust over again. So yeah, not quite sure how this is going to go...

Back