When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Twelve Bikes Of Christmas (A CABE Advent Calendar)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Stole another one from Slick... :o

PokerRun20110231-1.jpg

36 Schwinn

1936 Schwinn Motobike, with Partridges in the spokes, that I snatched from a pear tree...:rolleyes:

36Motobike001-1.jpg

Today's 12 18 12 and todays bike is Walt's original paint Flying Cloud Shelby. I've been noticing a bunch of Shelbys being posted and thought I would join the craze.

img_2774_zps314ff989-1.jpg

My Elgin Twin 20. This thing sure would be sweet with a repo Mussleman 2 speed suicide...what do you think John? :cool:

Attachments

• Twin 20-1 (2).JPG
    Twin 20-1 (2).JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 54
The pre war springers on Schwinns have a more "graceful" curve at the

top - (to my eye.)

As I understand the early postwar springers had the skinny truss rods like the the pre-war bikes. The headtube length is different between pre and postwar as well as the piece under the headtube theat the legs attach to. I believe all postwar springers fit either girls or boys whereas prewar have different headtube lengths between the two. I'm sure I could find other differences as well ans the real Schwinn experts can certainly enlighten us. V/r Shawn

Hey Doug....that crusty beat up no nose you posted with the primer parts and orange frame is mine!! :D Thanks for the stealing of my pictures! :) Love seeing the Shelbys!!

Thanks 37fleetwood for posting that awesome Speedline picture too. As many times as i have seen that guy out, he still has yet to bring that bike out when i'm there..:confused: Maybe next time.

I'm trying to establish a big ass Shelby ride to invade the Cyclone Coaster ride in one of the upcoming months. Don't tell Frank or Bernard though. :D Ok i'll tell them. And the Team Shelby shirts will be done by then also!

Back