TOC seat bicycle ? Motorcycle ? English ?

Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

hoofhearted

Saint Lactose The Tolerant
Jan 20, 2010
Fairborn, Ohio
Thoughts .......... in the teen's era ... a dual nose-spring in a saddle
is often indicative of motorcycle affiliation.

National origins ??

Type of thread on bolts and nuts may result in a light-bulb moment.

Great Saddle -- Glenn ....

..... patric

Reactions: dnc1

bricycle

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Nov 18, 2009
Chicago area west
Not really large, main springs sort of med/light weight, leaning toward European, looks pretty old tho-

oldmtrcyc

Finally riding a big boys bike
Apr 23, 2012
Pacific NW
Not motorcycle! Looks like Persons 1910-14 bicycle. The motorcycle seats from persons, troxel, etc had solid, flatbar rails. Some bicycle seats did as well. The motorcycle seats were longer and wider. I have bought a few over the years without getting the dimensions, much to my disappointment. Same thing happened here on the cabe. One gent took nice pictures of a bicycle seat. It arrived and I about fell off my stool. It was clearly a juvenile bike seat. No mention of that in the description. Education is rarely free.

Reactions: New Mexico Brant

Rambler

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Nov 1, 2011
Auburn Hills, United States
What is the plating on the seat post? That may be a clue to its age. If nickel plating likely before 1930, if chrome plating most likely after 1930. By the way the plating is pealing off the seat post my first guess would be chrome and therefore 1930 or later.

Reactions: dnc1

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 3, 2013
Tuxedo Park, United States
Looks really heavy duty & utilitarian all around. What about from a delivery type bike or trike?

Rambler

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Nov 1, 2011
Auburn Hills, United States
After a bit more searching, it appears to me that the seat belonging to Glenn Rhein most likely came from a 1930's era Phillips or other English delivery bike of that era.
99xx99_519_IMG_00.jpg

CB8E635C-E444-4855-8167-A299D0D43B85.jpeg

Reactions: dnc1 and mike j
This ad goes away when you register for an account!

dnc1

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 1, 2016
Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK
TOC = "turn of the century"; how long a time period this actually applies to is often open to much discussion here on the Cabe.
We're all still learning @mymikesbikes!

oldmtrcyc

Finally riding a big boys bike
Apr 23, 2012
Pacific NW
@oldmtrcyc
We spoke on the phone about your purchase, and that I offered to take it back. You were ok with it.

Nice jab, maybe mention that you failed to look at photo
First, I didn't mention your name, so how was that a jab at YOU? 2nd, you NEVER offered to take it back for a refund. I would have taken it. And yes, one of your last photos does show a tape measure, that I can't zoom in enough on my phone. No JUVENILE or CHILD mentioned in the title, or the description. Thanks for identifying yourself, though.

Balloontyre

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Oct 2, 2011
Bismarck, United States
It's the second photo in my ad, from your post above you certainly know your saddles.
Kinda like your mead ad recently, touting attributes yet no mention of all non mead components, pedals, seat, pump, grips, reflector etc, just leaving it up to photos for buyer to decide.
Pot calling kettle black.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!