When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tricycle Identification

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thnx so much for taking the time assisting in the search. So I guess I’ll go w Midwest. Yeh, it’s got a funky square box yolk front end which is very hard to find (in images).
I will be taking it down soon from where it’s hanging. I’ll go through it and put it up for sale at some point. I’ll need rear wheels for it if I can find a pair, and a set of grips.
I‘ll get better/closer pic’s also.
Cant wait to dig into it!
thnx again everyone.
s

Thnx so much for taking the time assisting in the search. So I guess I’ll go w Midwest. Yeh, it’s got a funky square box yolk front end which is very hard to find (in images).
I will be taking it down soon from where it’s hanging. I’ll go through it and put it up for sale at some point. I’ll need rear wheels for it if I can find a pair, and a set of grips.
I‘ll get better/closer pic’s also.
Cant wait to dig into it!
thnx again everyone.
s
Thought I'd go ahead and post the photos I had saved. I believe it was from an eBay listing. The seller was probably calling it an MTD, which was the parent company of Midwest. Their trikes could be badged under either one or the other name. MTD is still in business making lawn equipment. I believe the trike in these photos was customized a bit, but you can see what the rear wheels should look like.

C1950sMTD1.jpg

C1950sMTD1a.jpg

Is it me or am I looking up items wrong?
(eBay) I can type in either “antique” or ”vintage” tricycle wheels or hand grips and all that come up are complete bikes, go kart parts, newer grips, a few wheels, license toppers for vehicles, toy tricycles, car emblems.
Is there anyone who sells tricycle wheels and hand grips that I can go on their site or store and shop?
I have gone to the eBay link here and already checked the categories but nothing (for tricycles anyway) as far as vintage wheels and/or grips. The grips I’m looking for are on my other post, “Taylor tricycle”. Looking for those knuckle guards but cannot find them. Rear wheels for this tricycle (this post) as well.
Someone please point me in the direction…

So I got trike down from hanging and got a few more close up pics. You can see part of a decal/head badge what looks like “wings”. Yep, u guessed it, I’m starting to look for decals that have this looking Wing so I can get a more accurate description of what I actually have here. Been searching and no luck at the moment.
Usual TROXEL Seat, nothing on handgrip.
I will attack this trike soon!

IMG_9314.jpeg

IMG_9315.jpeg

IMG_9313.jpeg

IMG_9316.jpeg

IMG_9317.jpeg

Little WD40 and I got what’s left of head badge decal. Got some of the paint off of it, but that’s all I can do.
Anyone recognize it?
I spent a bit over an hour last night searching but nothing came up.

IMG_1140.jpeg

It may have been badged for a store brand rather than the actual manufacturer. If a store brand - and there are several that were used back then - it will be harder to identify unless there's a store brand expert on the CABE.

Dave

Back