When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unabomber Bike ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It's kind of funny and amazing to see a thread on Ted Kaczynski here on the Cabe. In 1958, Kaczynski entered Harvard university at age 16, where he was was a victim of a three year long experiment under the CIA's MK Ultra mind control experiments. In these experiments, he was subjected to mental torture and likely surreptitiously dosed with large amounts of LSD in an attempt by the US government to create a truth serum and mind controlled assassins. I know it all sounds like a dystopian sci-fi premise, but his involvement is well documented.

His published manifesto - how he was finally caught - is famously one of the earliest warnings against the dangers of artificial intelligence and the potential dominance of technology over human beings. The chosen targets were persons he considered to be at the forefront of tech advancement at the time, largely engineers, computer scientists and geneticists. His schizophrenia and Luddite tendencies may be the best explanation for why he would choose to ride what appears to me to be (best guess) a '60s Huffy or Ross.

It’s the wrong frame geometry, but I have a bike with a really good base for a tribute build (although that feels like the wrong word in this case). I bought it for the carrier, and the seat. Ironically, the seat that it’s replacing looks like the one on Ted’s bike.

View attachment 1969388
I can't see the badge, but that's a Snyder built frame, who made Rollfast and many Hawthornes, among others. The chain ring is from a Murray, and the guard is a Wald universal.

Back