When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown Pantograph

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Naw,
I just googled Celo Europa, and their pantograph is different.

I thought the C and E formed into one stylized symbol made sense.

Thanks for the input folks! I still haven't seen a look-alike yet. It really seems odd to me to have that on a 151 ring if the logo wasn't being used until the early 80s, but I guess you could engrave what ever you wanted so who knows. I am going to research more of the 60s and see if I can find something similar, be it a logo, or name. It may have been a shop brand and not a builder or team. I seem to have an odd ability for finding bikes and parts rebranded for shops.

@juvela, thanks for the pm.

@Jesper - that is indeed an 'E'.
It's a panto used by an Italian company called Elementi. There's practically nothing about them online, and I think I've only ever seen maybe half dozen of their frames online.
The two examples that still had head tube decals, showed the location as Rivazzurra, which is a town just south of Rimini.
There's a user on fixedforum.it who claimed that the Elementi he inherited from his father was custom built in Santarcangelo di Romagna, which is just west of Rimini.
Did the shop move? Did they have two locations? Did that guy misremember? Who knows.

Anyways, here are some pics:

4C6BDF0B-70BF-40AC-930A-9773432FB6D2.jpeg
Screenshot_2022-04-12-15-53-57-19_8b1cfbb769bd52fc36fa25a4fcc64305.jpeg

20190621_113955.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (12).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

-----

Thank you so much Maurice, absolutely outstanding information as always! 😍

Font employed is one have not before seen.

-----

Great work @MauriceMoss ! I had the name on my Italian brands list, but without any reference as to where it was located. I had not researched it for any examples, but I would have gotten there eventually (I hope). Thank you for saving me some work!

I am curious as to the meaning of "REY", and what the signature actually reads as (is it the builder's name?).

Interesting head badge.

Outstanding detective work, gentlemen!
It’s threads like this, that make the Cabe so much fun.
Thank you, for the interest and for your contributions.
That is why I enjoy this site!
I am on another site where I probably would have received no replies, and certainly no results.
When someone asks for a vintage bike ID on it, they often provide no or only 1 poor photo. When I reply with information and/or a request for more details; I usually get no response to acknowledge the effort to help and/or no further details or photos to assist them. I have continually gotten the "Maurice Moss" type of calls to help from others on that site (those who appreciate the help) who are also trying to help another member (usually a first and one time member). I don't understand why someone who asks for help essentially snubs the community that they are asking it of. Just weird!!!
They do love to provide general and useless comments about e-bikes though; e.g. "What do you think about e-bikes?", reply: "I like green bikes", "I would ride an e-bike", "I eat potatoes". Okay the last one was me, but you get the idea.
I remember the first time I saw this site; and I thought finally a home.

Last edited:
Great work @MauriceMoss ! I had the name on my Italian brands list, but without any reference as to where it was located. I had not researched it for any examples, but I would have gotten there eventually (I hope). Thank you for saving me some work!

I am curious as to the meaning of "REY", and what the signature actually reads as (is it the builder's name?).

Interesting head badge.
Thanks @Jesper!
The decals on the blue frame read "Rey Email," which was a shop in Grenoble, at 11 Rue Moyrand. Their down tube decal usually had just "Cycles Rey" on them. Looks like they've been out of business for a long time.
I assume the shop resprayed this Elementi frame at some point and applied its own decals.

Back