When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown Wheelman Badged Racer ca. 1900

-
The badge could be a custom, as were many LAW badges, some had owner names on them. This badge doesn't look original to me, meaning, it's been cleaned or removed or both. Could have come from a whole different bike and put on this one by the same owner when they got a different bike.

Great Point; However, YOU Know That IT Happens All the Time; IT is Up to the Buyer to Make a Judgment Call On the Badge Story!!!:D
It Still a Cool Badge!;)

Does your seat binding collet read "thor" along the side? I had a very similar mystery bike in my posession a couple of years ago.

Similar hardware, but there are still noteable differences between the two. You can dustinguish a very faint Thor logo along the edge of the seat collet

IMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0040.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG

Similar hardware, but there are still noteable differences between the two. You can dustinguish a very faint Thor logo along the edge of the seat collet

View attachment 665857 View attachment 665858 View attachment 665859
Steve I didn't see your post until now, I will take a look closer at the collar for any residual makers mark.

For anyone that remembers this bike and was curious about that badge, I found an article that sheds a bit of light on the subject of "club" badges etc. from an 1898 LAW Magazine.

1898 LAW Magazine Bicycle Badge Premium.png

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't Monarch & Ariel have a collet seat post?

Last edited:
QUOTE]

Steve that was a damn fine thought, beneath the grime and the possibly period repaint- "Thor" clear as day!

Good call

15282fa7b4104554afbc113e2cfb5e41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This frame certainly has me wondering- the bottom bracket is so distinct I have to assume it can narrow down possibilities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back