When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valuable Rust?

-
Newbie here. Husband f

View attachment 1843719ound this at an auction. Can you help me know it's value. Can't find a serial number.
How would I even ship a bike if someone was interested? How much would I charge for shipping? What is the best way to sell it?
I know this is not the original seat. Is it of value? Need some honest answers from people who know about bikes, not people trying to take advantage of me. Thank you.

View attachment 1843729

View attachment 1843730

View attachment 1843731
You need to find something else to do....you want to buy something you know zero about, then you want to know how to sell it, then you want to know how to ship it
You forgot to ask how to get paid
Stick to Hummel figurines

Looks like the conversion and refurbished bike was a Murray-built girls Sears Elgin, from about circa 1937–SC or 1938–SD; and the date code stamps would be on the bottom bracket crank hanger; ~85 years old.

One might do some market research by looking at the bicycle, and searching for the price of each part and accessory; (but do not expect that the price for the whole would equal the sum of the parts).

Also worth mentioning is that the price for the whole would not equal the sum of the parts).

When looking at the prices, consider whether or not those prices will afford you a fair profit, when considering the costs, including time.

If the goal or objective is to simply get rid of the bike, then lower prices than those not selling very fast may help move your stuff.

Consider the effort to disassemble, photograph and list the piece parts for sale and to box and ship, etc., cost of shipping small, medium and large items, and if that is what you really want to do, or not?

Last edited:
Back